Riyadh Metro Line 3, Saudi Arabia
Monitoring and design services
22 stations - 40,4km length
PERIOD: 2014 - ongoing
CLIENT: Civil Work Goup JV (CWG) on behalf of Ar Riyadh Developmentt Authority (ADA)
VALUE: € 3,720,000,000.00
The project envisages the engineering of Riyadh's New Underground Line 3 of about 41 km, the longest of the giant underground project consisting of 6 New Underground Lines running through the Saudi Arabia capital for about 180 km.
Line 3 runs in the East West direction along Al – Madinah Al Munawwarah Road and Prince Saad Ibn Abdulrahman Road.
The main technical data of the line are:
- Total line length: 40.4 km
- Number of stations: N. 22 Total
- Line over concrete slab viaducts: 25.73 km
- Line in all types of tunnels: 9.73 km (including about 3.5 km with TBM)
- Surface line: 4.10 km
- Multi-level parking facilities for users: 5 - 114,000 m²
- Train maintenance depots: 2
- Streets/Green areas: 362,000 m²
The process of Monitoring includes the provisions of instrumentations and engineering services, aimed to assess the effect of the construction of the Line 3 on the existing structures and the interactions between the new ones and the ground condition. The required objectives of the instrumentation and monitoring of the Works are to determine ground movements and their effects. It will be carry out through a detailed setting out of the monitoring system based on a detailed monitoring plans and on contractual requirements and expectations.