Substitute road infrastructure to S.S. (state road) 125, Italy
Tunnels, Viaducts, Underpasses, Hydraulic manholes
CLIENT: Todini S.p.A.
VALUE: € 73,000,000.00
This project concerned the realisation of the last section of the "SS125 Orientale Sarda" by-pass (Lot 2 of Section II) between the Terra Mala and Villasimius/Capo Boi interchanges.
The total length of this lot, including the two interchange ramps, is 6.6 km. The road passes through the municipality of Quartu S. Elena and joins Lot 1 of the SS 125 by-pass with the new SS 554 through the "Santu Lianu" trumpet interchange. With the exception of the final interchange, the road passes through a completely new and scarcely populated area.
The projects consisted in:
- 3 Natural Tunnels (Marapintau 1,290 m; Is Stellas 212.5 m; Martineddu 65 m);
- 3 Viaducts along the main road (Murtaucci 357.9 m; Rio Cadelano; Santu Lianu II 75.9 m);
- the widening of two existing decks (S. Orixeddu and Santu Lianu) to connect with the existing SS 125;
- supporting works (reinforced soil walls, concrete walls);
- strengthening works for the construction of a particularly difficult trench section;
- technological and lye-by areas in proximity to tunnels;
- 3 underpasses;
- hydraulic manholes;
- environmental mitigation works;
- implementation of measures designed to secure a decommissioned quarry front.