Waterfront "Porto Piccolo", Syracuse - Italy
Sustainable Development Plan for Syracuse
CLIENT: CITY OF SYRACUSE
VALUE: € 2,120,000.00
3TI has developed, within Sustainable Development Plan for the municipality of Siracusa, the detailed design of three out of five pilot projects chosen by town administration:
• Refurbishment and conservative restoration of municipal buildings;
• Requalification of Porto Piccolo;
• Landscape park of Maddalena Peninsula.
One of the pilot projects regards the detailed design for the realization of a new waterfront for Porto Piccolo.
The project aims to:
• Creation of a new entrance to the waterfront from Viale Regina Margherita;
• Creation of a tree-lined promenade in Riva Porto Lachio;
• Creation of a vehicular traffic controlled area lined by parking with stone floor;
• Redesign of Sbarcadero Santa Lucia with a new stone floor, new trees, new lighting and furniture;
• Construction of a new building of about 580mc which will lodge Port Authority. This building is characterized by a sloping walkable shingle forming a part of the square on the sea.
The external areas interested are about 14.700 sqm and the project foresees the insertion of 39 new palm trees.