Kindergarten “Sandro Pertini”
In 2009, the project was awarded with the first prize in the international design competition, commissioned by the local Municipality under the “Qualità Italia” Program, and shortlisted at the “Leaf Award 2016” in the category “Future Building – Under Construction”. It’s a model of sustainable educational building for design, use of recycled materials and low energy consumption.
• Passive energy systems are carefully designed in order to reduce the need and dependency for active ones.
• A geothermic system is used for free thermal contribution from the ground, reducing the need for electric thermal energy.
• Renewable energy production for electricity (photovoltaic panels) and sanitary hot water (solar panels).
• Rainwater collection and storage for sanitary uses and garden irrigation.
• Use of local, recycled and recyclable building material.